Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Windchilly Day!

Brrrrr....it is FREEZING outside today! The air temperature is bad enough at around 13 degrees, but factor in winds of 25-30 mph and we've got some single digit to below-zero windchills out there! Oh sure, the 2-3 inches of snow that fell overnight is beautiful with the sun shining, but oh how deceptive the sunshine can be!

Last night was a perfect night to curl up with my Nook and a blanket while the snow fell outside. I also decided to break out my hot-chocolate maker and whip up something warm to drink!

Milk...check, Hershey's syrup...check, Vanilla Extract...check, and Hazelnut syrup for me! All I was missing were the mini-marshmallows, guess I better pick up some of those on my next visit to the store!


Thankfully my hot chocolate maker has a froth button, which sort of made up for the lack of marshmallows!
Yummm...definitely a nice warm addition to a very cold & windy night! Stay warm everyone!

P.S. Thrifty Tuesdays will be back soon, I'm still trying to get back into my couponing routine after all the holidays. I'm also stocked up on most of my essentials so I'm just hiding back & watching for some great sales!

7 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

Yum! Hot chocolate is the best on a snowy day!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jennifer Owens said...

I know! It is cold everywhere right now! Funny how that seems to be the main topic today in blogworld I think! Hot cocoa sounds good - I think I'll make some up tonight too!

Unknown said...

I totally, totally need a hot chocolate maker! Dave's aunt had one when we went to Arkansas for Thanksgiving and that is the first time I had ever seen one! now I know I need it. :)

Megan said...

Oh, so cool! I need a hot chocolate maker! I got a frappucino maker for Christmas, but it is TOO COLD to be drinking anything frozen!!

You have such a cute blog! I love the colors!

Amanda said...

i'm so sad we didn't get much snow! :( oh well...i'm sure we have some coming eventually. that is so cool you have a cocoa maker! it looks delish!

Brittney Galloway said...

Wow, I've never heard of a hot chocolate maker!

Cristina said...

That looks so yum, going to try it tonight! PS - I love your blog, I am a new follower :)