Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nora Kay Love ~ 29 Weeks

Well I had certainly planned to try and get something up last week for week 28, my official transition into the Final Trimester...it didn't happen.  And if you read my previous post...you'll see why.  So, let's just pretend this is week 28-29 all rolled into one...ok?
 
How far along:  29 Weeks
How big is baby:  Butternut Squash; 2.5 lbs

Gender: My sweet baby girl, Nora Kay! We've certainly given her some big shoes to fill with being named after my Grandma Kay. 

Weight gain/loss: Who knows.  Who cares.  The Braxton Hicks contractions seem to come on when I go to Zumba, so I think I may be resigned to simple family walks for the rest of my weeks.  And I'm ok with that.  It all came off before, and with some hard work it will come off again. 
Sleep: I'm still sleeping fairly well, but I am having to get up to use the bathroom a little more frequently.  Thankfully I'm still able to go back to sleep, but sometimes I toss and turn a bit. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I'm so thankful that I haven't had really any issues with this for either of my pregnancies.  However, I know that with Fall arriving and the holidays just around the corner I certainly won't mind eating my share of sweets & treats! 

Movement: Oh man, this girl moves!  Thankfully the bladder kicking has become a thing of the past, which I hope means she has gone head down for good.  She moves the most right before bed and right after I wake up in the morning. 

What I'm loving: The fact that our nursery is now painted (along with the girls' bathroom) and so the official decorating can begin.  The fall-like weather that has finally arrived so I can break out my leggings and maternity jeans without sweating to death.  Being nearly 30 weeks.  I know I'll be terrified as Nora's arrival date continues to get closer, but each day closer to her due date means she's also staying put and growing like she needs to. 

Symptoms: Well besides my growing body, the Braxton Hicks contractions seem to be here to stay.  I mainly get them after an active period or when I haven't been drinking enough water.  Last week with all the stress and car travel they were pretty intense for an evening, but thankfully I was able to drink several glasses of water and they calmed down.  I don't remember having those as much with Elyse so it's a new feeling for me.
What I'm looking forward to:  Making more progress in the nursery.  We have to swap the hutch/changing table in Elyse's room for the chest of drawers and we also need to reorganize both girls' closets.  This will be fun for me as it means more progress is being made!  I also have plans next week to go and figure out some of the other finer details of the nursery with my mom.  I'm loving how it looks so far! 
Best moment of the week: While the reason behind having the day off was less than wonderful, last Wednesday Hubby stayed home with us since we were originally scheduled to be in Kansas City anyway.  He got blinds hung in Nora's room and the playroom and he also got Nora's crib put together.  It looks fabulous and I can't wait to start adding all of the other little touches!
 

3 comments:

Susannah said...

I'm excited to see your nursery when it all comes together! :-)

Amanda said...

I seriously love reading your bumpdates (always have, even when they were for Elyse)

As usual, you look beautiful! And I can't WAIT to see pics of Nora's nursery! I have so many things pinned on Pinterest for when we move into our new house. And although I'm still up in the air about a few design features, I'm pretty positive there will be gold polka dot decals on Olvia's walls ;)

xoxo

Kelly Mock said...

I love the name Nora! Hope everything goes smoothly! Feel free to check out by blog www.happilyevermock.blogspot.com or my business www.dancinfeet.jamberrynails.net