Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

Today is the day that sons & daughters everywhere take a brief moment to honor their fathers. I have had the incredible privilege of being raised by an amazing man of God who has brought so much wisdom & love into my life. I have the incredible opportunity to work with my dad each & every day. We've been working together now for 3 years, & things are so much better than I could have hoped for. I'm sure everyone who works in a family business is apprehensive about spending each day together, but if anything, the relationship between me & my dad has gotten better & better. He has had the opportunity to continue to teach me so many things & be a sounding board for so many things in life. My dad raised my brother & I in church & taught us that no matter what God would be there to pull us through whatever life might throw at us. He has never been one to sit on the sidelines & cheer but be the dad who's right there in the middle of everything. From coaching my softball team for many years, to helping head up Band Booster activites, to having some fantastic opinions when it came to planning our wedding...my dad is certainly more than my father--he's a friend & support system--he's my Daddy.







Just as with my grandmother's, both of my grandfather's are still around & are such a joy to be around. (Excuse all the wedding pictures, I should really be better about taking more pictures during the year!)

Woods Grandpa & me

Town Grandpa & Me

Hubby also has an incredible father who is always willing to help out & give advice when we ask for it. They have an amazing relationship & it is so fun to watch them interact together. With us being so far apart some might think it was difficult--but not with the two of them.


Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in my life & to all those fathers out there! You mean so much to us!

Mom & Dad in Destin

4 comments:

Lyryn said...

That was beautiful. Way to honor your father. Very Sweet!

Tara Gibson said...

very very sweet! love father daughter pics!

Lindsey said...

Such sweet pics!!!

Hailey HRH said...

awe what sweet pictures!