Monday, June 22, 2009

Whew...Weekend Rewind!

Do you ever have those weekends where you're so busy that you're almost glad to go back to work on Monday? Ok, I said almost glad...;o)


This was definitely one of those weekends, we had a blast but man was it busy! Friday we took off work at noon & headed to KC for a Cards vs. Royals baseball game. We had a little bit of extra time so we headed to the Country Club Plaza for a bit & I ended up getting a pair of denim bermuda shorts at Banana Republic for almost 75% off! SCORE!!! We grabbed dinner at California Pizza Kitchen & then headed to the game. We were actually in the shade so that was definitely a plus--however, with our new seats we could only see the bottom third of the scoreboard...OH WELL! We saw a great game and the Cards won 10-5! We drove home that night & actually it wasn't a bad drive at all plus we were so glad to be at home instead of a hotel room.



Our seats were at the top of the first level--right in front of a Cotton Candy vendor!

This was the view from our seats...I was so thankful that we were in the shade!
Saturday morning we sorta slept in & then I headed to a friends' open house for her new business. She had a very successful day & I know it will only continue on as she grows her business into something wonderful. Here's a shot of her display table for her bows--she has sooo many & they are all so adorable!

After the open house, we headed down to my parents' house for a family reunion with my mom's side of the family. It was a gathering of all my grandma's siblings & we had almost 75 people at my mom's house. We had a great time just catching up with so many people we haven't seen in a while. My mom even arranged to have a professional photographer come out and take family photos..I can't wait to see the ones of Hubby & I. We also took Bogey along & he had a great time!


Bogey was very excited to be going to my parents' house--he loves it there!
The pool was full of little kids & their parents most of the afternoon so Hubby & I opted to wait until the next afternoon to enjoy the pool!

We had enough food for an army! This family is known for having a bunch of great cooks so all of the food was wonderful!!


My parents spent a lot of time setting up & everything looked so nice!
Hubby had to bribe Bogey during dinner so he would stay away from everyone else! He was one full puppy after that!
This is my parents' house & my childhood home. I love going home & spending time with them! What a great retreat for us to have!
I took this shot of my brother, his wife, & their puppy Romo at the end of the evening. Aren't they just a beautiful family?!?
Sunday after church we headed back down to my parents' house & had lunch with my them for Father's Day. We spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool (without all the small children) & we had a great time. I got my dad a glass popcorn bowl from Pottery Barn that I had engraved with the STL Cardinals logo. It turned out really neat & he loved it!
I also have to share the Fathers' Day card that Hubby got from Bogey. (I think Hubby's mom might have had something to do with this!)
Oh I love it!! It's absolutely perfect. On the back it also says..."Or is it off?" Plus, the puppy looks just like Bogey. Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I know we did!

3 comments:

That Fresh Feeling said...

Sounds like you guys had a busy but great weekend:-)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

wow, all of that sounded like so much fun=)! cute pics!!

jlc said...

ok so i kinda fell in love with your dog... AND your blog!


so glad i found you!