Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rainy morning & one muddy puppy!

This morning we woke up to sky that was almost black as night & torrential downpours. I haven't checked our rain gauge but I'm guessing that we probably had close to 2" of rain in about 2 hours. YIKES!!! Photo of the sky this morning from www.ky3.com

Yes, we need a little bit of rain but here recently it's been a little bit ridiculous. This wouldn't be such a big deal except for what it does to our backyard. In both corners of our yard we have low spots where the rain collects---this also happens to be where the guttters empty out into our yard which creates a lovely water hole. Lovely, just lovely. In addition to the small ponds we have in our back yard let me also remind you that we have a 95 lb lab who loves water, mud, & anything else that might have the ability to cool him off. Needless to say, this is similar to what I expect to find when I get home from work tonight. Sweet innocent face, wagging tail, & covered from head to tail in mud!

4 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh my gosh, that's crazy! and look at that cute muddy face=)!

the undomesticated wife said...

How can you not love that face?! Super adorable!

Hailey HRH said...

at hes not a choc or black lab and you can SEE the mess before it gets all over your house!

Lindsey said...

Oh my word, look at that sweet face!!!