Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hump Day Ramblings

With the holidays over & tax season starting, life around the Layman house is fairly quiet these days. Don't get me wrong, we're finding plenty of things to fill our time but things have certainly slowed down quite a bit & you won't find me complaining. I haven't had much happen that would fill an entire post, but here's some tidbits from our life most recently...

~New year=New tv episodes!! Our favorites are Chuck & The Biggest Loser. If you've never watched Chuck I highly recommend it...it's a Get Smart type spy show & we crack up the whole time! Sometimes I think we're some of the only people in the world that watch this show!

~With the temperatures rising & the sun shining brightly, I'm having a really hard time not daydreaming about Spring. I've officially made the decision that Spring is by FAR my favorite time of year.

~To add to the daydreaming, Hubby & I have decided to take a fun, tropical getaway sometime in May. I've been researching on Tripadvisor (I may or may not be doing this when I'm on the phone, on hold at work). We are mainly looking at Riviera Maya as our destination, possibly an all-inclusive. Any suggestions on a resort?

~I cooked a chicken in our crock-pot yesterday & it was oh so yummy! I was so glad to have dinner practially finished when I got home from work. Just season a whole chicken, put it in your crockpot on low for 8-10 hours...and VOILA!!! dinner is done.

~I try to do a good job keeping our house clean & clutter free, but with the cold temps and Bogey being inside the cleanliness is lacking. So...at the suggestion of Hubby I called my mom's housecleaner & she is at my house as we speak making everything spotless!! We're hosting a big group of friends on Saturday night so that's one less thing for me to worry about! I can't wait to go home to my clean house!

Hope everyone is having a great week...with the sun shining and the temps going above normal to almost 50 degrees I couldn't ask for more!

3 comments:

Stephanie Hartman said...

I Love Spring time as well, I live in Panama City,FL and Spring and Fall are the perfect times here Summer is way to HOT and the winter's just kinda blah! Hope you have a Great day!

-Stephanie

Brittney Galloway said...

Ooh, that's so nice! A housekeeper should take alot of the pressure off of you!

Anonymous said...

We love Mexico! we always stay at the Westin in Cabo and PV! they are great and food is super cheap in MX! if you stay in Cabo they have a Costco! we always go and load up on beer/cocktails, bottled water, chips and fruit!