Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Rewind

As has been the norm for us recently, we had a great weekend! I just love it when I can come back to work after a great weekend, feeling refreshed and ready to take on the next 5 days of the 8-5 schedule.

Friday night we had dinner with my Grandma & Grandpa Smart. First off, let me just tell you what incredible progress my grandma is making with her physical therapy following her stroke. She's still in her wheel chair but is able to walk with assistance when absolutely necessary. They have finally gotten into a routine that works for them & my grandpa is doing an amazing job of taking care of her & taking on all the duties of a housewife. He fixed us steaks, baked potatoes, salad & bread for dinner. YUM!!! I think I have a delayed New Year's resolution...I am so blessed to have both sets of grandparents still living and living within 20 minutes of our house. We need to do better at planning dinners with them at least once a month. They won't be around forever & I need to gather as much wisdom from them as possible. We had such a great night listening to their stories & talking about the most random things. Gaining advice from them is truly a treasure!

Saturday I worked around the house while Hubby worked and then we spent most of the afternoon just lounging around. Hubby still had a few returns to make from Christmas so we took care of those and then met up with our friends Shauna & Ryan for dinner. We had dinner at a great Mexican place, Maria's and then headed to Fedora's Social House for drinks & dessert fondue. While we were there, a photographer for a local entertainment website popped in & took pictures of us! It's not the greatest picture, but it's the best I can do. It was a yucky, rainy evening but the company made up for it & we had a great time. After spending the weeknights relaxing, it's so great to have plans with friends for the weekend!

Yesterday we went to church & then we had laundry on the to-do list for the afternoon. However, I did manage to squeeze in a quick nap before small group. Small group was wonderful as usual & I'll have a full update of our 2nd healing choice later this week. I always leave there feeling so blessed that we have such an awesome & supportive group of friends. It's truly a group that only God could have brought together...what a fabulous gift!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad your grandma is doing so well!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Sounds so nice! Yes, I agree with Lindsey... glad your gram is doing well too :)

Heather said...

Sounds like a great weekend, cute pic of you guys! Glad your grandma is doing good!! Praying for her!