Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Rewind

Hubby & I had a great weekend & were able to spend plenty of time relaxing & hanging out with great friends. Friday night we had date night with dinner at Houlihan's followed by dessert & drinks at one of our favorite local places, Parlor 88 Lounge. They have great desserts & even have an indoor firepit that you can sit around. We were home fairly early but it was such a great time to spend with each other relaxing after a long week!

While Hubby was at work on Saturday morning I cooked & cleaned getting ready for a house full of friends on Saturday night. We had all of our college friends (which most of them are also Hubby's high school friends) over to our house for heavy appetizers, football & games. We had lots of yummy food including one of my favorite appetizers...

Crab Meat Appetizers

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 1/2 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp garlic salt
1 6 oz jar of Old English cheese spread
6 oz crab meat
6 English Muffins split (so 12 muffin halves)

Have all ingredients at room temperature. Combine butter, mayonnaise, garlic salt, Old English cheese spread, & crab meat. Mix thoroughly. Spread onto English muffins & place on cookie sheet. Place in freezer for 1 hour or until ready to bake. When ready to serve, cut English muffins into quarters, place on cookie sheet & put under broiler for a few minutes until the top begins to turn brown. These are wonderful & one of our favorite appetizers!

I also had my first attempt at a chocolate cake...FROM SCRATCH!!! I found the recipe for "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake Ever" on the The Pioneer Woman Cooks blog & I can definitely agree with the name! This was so rich & wonderful. Normally I just use boxed cakes & I probably still will for most occasions but this was definitley like a light & fluffy chocolate-frosted brownie...YUM! It was so easy so if you're looking for a cake from scratch, this is definitely one to try!


There were five couples at our house & three of them now have children. The kiddos are all within about 5 months of each other & they were so well-behaved. Of course I failed to take any pictures of the adults, but I got plenty of photos of the kids! Isn't that always how it happens when kids are involved?



Ok, is she not just absolutely adorable!

The 3 kiddos: Easton, Avery, & Sawyer--what a group!
Easton showing off his camo hat!

Three Men & 3 Babies...these 3 guys went to high school with Hubby & let me tell you...they are such great dads!

In between trying to watch football & take care of the kids, we also managed to get in a few games of Apples to Apples. I am happy to report that I won the last game! We had a great time with a group of people that we honestly don't get to see very often. We've been friends for what seems like forever, so it's always so easy when we get back together!
Yesterday Hubby & I had church & then came home to work some around the house. It was finally warm enough & the snow finally melted away so Hubby took down the last of our Christmas lights. We also had our first small group meeting of the year & I am SO excited for this study we are doing. It's called Life's Healing Choices and is an 8-week study that is corresponding with our sermons at church. I can't wait for the rest of the study--I just know that God is going to teach us all so much!
God has blessed Hubby with such an amazing small group, I can't imagine spending our Sunday nights any other way!

5 comments:

CJ said...

Cute babies! Cute pics

Stephanie Hartman said...

Aw sounds like you had a GREAT weekend! Those babies are adorable!!!

-Stephanie

Anonymous said...

cute photos! and yumm!! I will have to try that crab recipe!

Brittney Galloway said...

Those babies are just precious!

I used that PW cake recipe when I made cake balls and they were delicious!

Megan said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! I love Apple to Apples! We just finished Life's Healing Choices. It was great and we really enjoyed it! I can't wait to see how you grow during it!