Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Splish Splash, Elyse LOVES Bathtime!

I saw a post from one of my favorite bloggers and it reminded me that some of the best photos come from the most everyday activities.  I got a new prime lens for my camera for Christmas, and while I'm still a total & complete amateur at using it (and most of the time it still stays on auto), I have really enjoyed the difference in the photos that come from the prime lens. 

I totally copied Sara's idea and had a little bathtime photo shoot on Friday evening before bedtime.  And contrary to what the pictures may look like...we were NOT torturing our child, she has learned to love having water poured over her head. 

And the sweetness from this photo session pretty much ended as soon as it began!










Maybe one of my favorite photos of all time...ornery little Elyse!










6 comments:

Melanie said...

These are hilarious!! Great idea!

Sara McCarty said...

OMG!!! These are wonderful!! Love love love love love. She is so expressive and funny and adorable. I just love bathtub photos. And you did a great job working that prime lens, mama!

Allison said...

We also use that Dickey's cup in the bath! ha! :)

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

These are so sweet. Elyse sure loves her bathtime. AOI doesn't like it when we wash her hair, she screams and wants to jump out from the bath. I will show her how Elyse does wash her hair :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i LOVE this...she looks like she had a great time with bathe time and you had a great time taking her pics..love her mohawk!! too fun!

Marie said...

I am so jealous. Our little guy is almost 3 and still acts like bath time is some kind of water torture. Oh, to have a smiling bath photo!