Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Rewind--My Zumba Girl

I haven't done a weekend rewind in a VERY long time, and I honestly miss recapping our sometimes exciting, but other times mundane weekend happenings. 
 
So...hold on to your seats, this one was incredibly exciting...not really! 
 
Friday evening we just stayed at home, I fixed a new recipe from Pinterest & it was a huge hit!  Super simple and super yummy....but not super healthy.  However, it will definitely be making it into our mealplan rotation!
*picture from PlainChicken.com; Chicken Lazone...absolutely delicious!
We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out at home and we all cuddled up on the couch to watch Planes and eat popcorn before Elyse headed to bed.  This has become a pretty standard Friday evening for us and I love it!  Dinner at home, movie and popcorn...love family date nights at home! 
 
Saturday morning Hubby had to work and I decided to take Elyse to Zumba with me.  She does pretty well during Wednesday mornings with a small group, so I figured we'd be good with a bigger group as long as we stood in the back in our normal place.  Well...there were like 35 ladies and one of my good friends saved me a spot on the front row (which is where I like to be when I'm by myself.)  When I asked Elyse if she wanted to stand in the front with Andrea, my bestie & the Zumba instructor, or in the back...she chose the front.  So off we went!  I really thought she might be in the way, but that little girl danced her heart out for the most part of the entire hour!  She kept asking to get on stage with Andrea and I was able to resist her until the cool down...she helped us stretch it out! 

After Zumba we spent the rest of the day napping & just hanging out at the house before heading out for dinner with Hubby's parents, & his sister & her family.  I broke out my Converse shoes thanks to a tip from Pinterest Told Me To and I LOVED the look.  I can't tell you how many times I've almost put these in a garage sale, but I'm so glad I held on to them.  I can definitely see myself getting lots of wear out of my Converse this Spring!

 We headed to one of our favorite local pizza places for dinner and we had just put our name in for a table for 9 when we had one of those "parent firsts" that you hope you never experience.  Hubby was holding Elyse and she asked for me to hold her so I took her and she was facing my chest when I heard a burp...that was a little more loaded than normal.  Hubby & I quickly left the restaurant hoping that none of her "sickness" managed to find it's way to the floor.  There was a bench right outside the restaurant and I sat down as we were trying to decide what to do when she managed to get sick two more times.  She was upset of course...but I quickly remembered that we had an extra change of clothes in her diaper bag...and from now on there will always be a change of clothes! 
 
She honestly acted like a new kid afterwards, so we did what any normal parent would do...we stripped her down, changed her clothes, stuck the yucky clothes in the trunk, and went in to have a nice dinner with our family.  She honestly didn't act weird the whole rest of the night and even had an appetite for a ton of pizza and froyo afterwards!  Our group was seated near the entrance, and we couldn't help but giggle a bit as another small child got sick as they were leaving the restaurant in the exact same place...I'm thinking the restaurant employees were counting down the hours until they got to go home! 
The best I could do of Mamaw & her grandkids!
Yesterday was a normal Sunday with church, lunch, naps, playtime and small group.  We're starting to get back in our routine and it's definitely a nice feeling.  The holidays are great, but something about a routine and a consistent schedule makes life seem so much more peaceful.  Hope you have a fabulous week! 

2 comments:

Danavee said...

Loved that pic at Zumba! And pinning that recipe!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i think exposing kids to exercise is the best thing. Elyse is too cute, seriously. i have my 17month old child stretching now...it's awesome!!