Thursday, January 22, 2009

What a Tease!

Well today in the good ole' weather of Southwest Missouri, we have offically reached 60 degrees! Yes, 60 degrees on the 22nd day of January. I can't even believe it. Too bad I'm stuck here in my office and by the time I make it home it will be practically dark. 60 might not be such a tease if it wasn't supposed to be 50 tomorrow, and in the blustery 30s on Saturday & Sunday. In addition, they've added ice to the forecast for early next week. I mean seriously, can't we just move on to Spring?!?

Oh well, as dear Hubby says..."It is what it is." The week has been fairly routine for us, just work, extended hours for Hubby, and working out here and there. I haven't been as dedicated this week because I'm still not feeling up to par. At least we've had our fill of good tv this week, with The Biggest Loser, Gossip Girl, 90210, the premier of Lost, & The Office on tonight we've had plenty of entertainment.

We've got no big plans for the weekend. My parents are going to be out of town and they have season tickets to the local theater so we've got their tickets to The Putnam County Spelling Bee. I don't really know much about it, but the tickets are free and we're going to this great local fondue place for dinner beforehand. It should be a nice little date night for us!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha my boss always says "it is what it is"! But so jealous of your 60 degrees!

Leila said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your 60 degrees! It's slightly colder in NYC. And YES you could live in NYC - if I can do it, anyone can!