Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ready for a New Week...

Well, with Hubby being sick at the beginning of last week, my jury duty stint, the death of our family friend, and a horrific, tragic crime occurring in my hometown--I'm more than ready to start a new week. Hubby & I had a pretty laid back weekend...Friday I went to the visitation for my friend's dad and then Hubby & I headed to our friend's house for dinner. The visitation was basically exactly what I expected it to be. There were hundreds of people there & I was pleasantly surprised to see my friend Matt doing very well. Like I've previously said, we haven't kept in very close contact in the past few years but I know that I would do anything for him and he would do the same for me. It just broke my heart to see him hurting so much. I know his dad would be very proud of how he handled himself & the entire situation. At the visitation I was able to see some friends & others that I hadn't seen in a very long time---it's so sad how it takes the death of a mutual friend or family member to bring people together. I know it will always be that way but it's sad nonetheless.
Saturday Hubby & I both worked and then I went to the funeral & graveside with my parents. When I got home Hubby & I headed into town to have an exciting Saturday night of a trip to Sam's, dinner out, & then to Wal-Mart. It was actually quite nice and I was so glad I didn't have to think about anything. Today we went to church & heard an amazing testimony from a church member. The sermon was on the fear of failure & definitely spoke to a lot of hearts. We also had lunch with some friends' from church & finally got home about 3. Small group & laundry are still left on the schedule for today & then it will be off to the start of a new work week. All I can pray for is that this week goes better than the last!

1 comment:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

ahh I'm so sorry for all of the events that have happened, praying you have a GREAT week!