Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend in Review

Hubby & I had a fantastic weekend that blended the right amount of time for relaxation with the right amount of time hanging out with family & friends. Friday night we headed to the hospital to visit our friends Kelly & Tyler--on Thursday afternoon they welcomed a little baby girl, Avery Adelle, into the world. There were a ton of people there visiting so we didn't get time to hold her, but I know we'll be dropping by very soon to visit them at their home. She is just beautiful but I can't imagine how tired they all were after having so many visitors! After the baby visit, we headed downtown to a local fondue spot that has fantastic fondue & drinks. All of the cocktails are modeled after childhood candy & the drink I ordered included a crushed Nerd rim. It was a very fun night & quite a late night out for Hubby & I.

Saturday Hubby had to work until noon so I spent my morning cleaning, making a trip to Walmart, and doing laundry. This resulted in a completely worthless afternoon as I spent my time on the couch dozing in and out as we watched some college basketball. We made tacos for dinner & just enjoyed the night at home.

Sunday we headed to church--I definitley missed it last week when we were in St. Louis so it was so nice to get back! After church we grabbed Bogey & headed down to my parents' house for a great afternoon. They live on about 15 acres that adjoins to a ton of land that my grandparents' own--so, we watched a little bit of basketball & spent the rest of the time outside with Bogey & my parents' 4 dogs (2 labs, a Brittany spaniel, & the little house dog Josie). My parents' have 2 four wheelers & there's a pond on my grandparents' property so we had a great time. I've included some pictures of Bogey playing with the other dogs.
Bogey leaping into the water going after a stick!

Bogey & Dallas playing tug-of-war with the stick!

It seriously looked like they were doing the 3-legged race at times!

We had such a great weekend & I'm so thankful that my parents live close by for us to spend time with them!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a perfect weekend!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

sounds like a great weekend! those are great puppy pictures!