Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sick Hubby=Bad Blogger=Catch Up

Well, as I sit here typing this I have put my sick hubby to bed for the night and I'm just hoping & praying that he feels better tomorrow when he wakes up for work. He started feeling bad on Thursday night and was feeling progressively worse until yesterday when he hit the worst of it with a 100.7 temperature, aches, coughing, & a runny nose. Lovely, just lovely. Basically he has the flu without the nausea. So...I've been taking care of him and trying to be a good wife by doing anything to help him feel better. As any woman knows, men are certainly not the best patients--but he's been trying his best and has expressed many times what a good nurse I am...;o) We did have to miss a wedding of one of his friend's last night, but I know he wasn't too disappointed & I wouldn't have been either except I was excited to get all dressed up in somethign Springy! Oh well, there will certainly be other opportunites.
You might think with us being at home the past 2 days I would have been very productive and gotten lots done...not really. I basically just laid around the house and spent a little bit of time outside with Bogey enjoying the nice weather---anything I could think to do either cost money or involved manual labor and I wasn't really excited about either of those options. So I just took advantage of the situation and enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home.
I kind of fell out of the blogging world last week, but there wasn't much to talk about. Basically, just work, dinner, working out & back to bed. I did get to go out with my best friend from college Sarah on Tuesday night. She had to attend a play for a grad class and so we grabbed a nice dinner and went to see the play---it was pretty terrible, but the company was great & I was so glad she asked me to join her. She was the maid of honor in my wedding & I was the matron of honor in her wedding. We don't spend as much time together as I would like, but I love catching up with her and sharing our lives together.

The most exciting part of the week is that we finalized the decision to go to Florida with my parents over Memorial Day Weekend. I'm already excited and it's still 3 months away. When I was growing up, my parents took my brother & I on vacation every year. We normally headed to Panama City Beach---but once it got to the point of Spring Break atmosphere all the time, we moved our location a little to the West to Destin. We're headed back there for a week and I can't wait! I just love the beach, the sun & the ocean!!! I was really hoping that my brother & sister-in-law would be able to join us--but since this is their first summer as a married couple they are taking a vacation just the 2 of them--which I totally respect. Hopefully we'll all be able to travel together next summer.
The weather has finally turned to Spring and even though another cold spell is in the forecast for the end of the week---I've got my first Spring flowers blooming!!! YEAH!!! I'm so glad all of those bulbs I planted in the Fall are starting to arrive. I'll be sure and post pictures when they're all in bloom.

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Sorry to hear your hubbys been sick...mine too! But yay for visits to Florida...sounds like fun!