Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween...I think?!?

This morning I woke up and I was so excited to see the sun shining! It's forecasted to shine all week long & be in the mid-60s. I was thinking about what a fun Friday night it had been carving pumpkins with Hubby (pics to come Monday) & how I am already looking forward to tonight when we have all the little ghosts, goblins, princesses, witches, & who knows what else knock on our door and say Trick-or-Treat.

Then...I got in my car and couldn't hardly believe my ears!!! Yes, it's Halloween, October 31st, people still have pumpkins, mums, cornstalks, & scarecrows filling their front porches. There are still a few leaves on the trees & everything just smells & looks like fall. However, as I listened to my most favorite Christian radio station I heard the instrumental end of a song I love but just couldn't put my finger on it. It was CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!! It seriously just brought a smile to my face thinking about all the joy, peace, & incredible time with family that we get to enjoy each Christmas season. I listened to it almost all the way to work & it certainly brightened my day! I got on their website to see what was going on and instead of focusing on the terrifying aspects of Halloween they are focusing on "happy family memories, and celebrating the hope, peace, and joy that comes when thinking about our biggest holiday as Christians - Christmas."

Hearing that music this morning certainly made me start thinking about Christmas & how special of a time it is....however, I think I'll enjoy my 60 degree days for as long as they last!

2 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Oooh, that's so weird! It is weird that alot of the stores have had decorations up for a couple of weeks now! I think they should at least wait until the 1st of November!

Callie said...

Oh, I can't wait until Christmas this year! I'm just getting in the spirit earlier than usual - not sure why!