Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thrifty Tuesday

My couponing adventure continues on this week with the search for the best coupons paired with the best advertised deals. I've decided that part of the value in couponing comes from stocking up on certain, often used items in an effort to never pay full price. I'm still in the "hoarding" stage so I allow myself a little room if my purchases aren't quite as impressive as others out there in couponing world.

This week I'll highlight my trip to Walgreens once again. Overall, I honestly felt like their ad was a bit disappointing this week; however, they had a few really good deals that made up for it. Now, before I go through it...let me just say that my total is no where near what it was last week. But--some of the items I purchased were great deals to me and right now, that's what's important!

So..without further adieu...

One full-sized canister of Morton salt, 2 boxes Kellog's Fiber Plus granola bars, 2 boxes Kraft Mac & Cheese, 2 12 oz. boxes Kellog's Special K with Red Berries, 3 cans Campbell soup (2 Cream of Mushroom & 1 Cream of Chicken), 1 Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment, 2 bottles Clear Care Contact Solution, and 2 16.9 oz bottles of Nivea body wash (1 for me, 1 for Hubby); all for...
!!! $17.55 !!!


Now, as I said...this was certainly not the cheapest trip to Walgreens so far, but with my total of $17.55 I experience savings of $37.54. Still a pretty good trip if you ask me. In addition, when you add my Walgreens visit to my trip to the grocery store I kept my weekly grocery/household spending to under $45. This is another big step for me!


Oh and anyone out there wear contacts?!? I am incredibly blessed with quite perfect vision, but Hubby makes up for both of us with his poor eyesight. When I saw Clear Care on sale & I had a coupon I was ecstatic! Normally $8 a bottle, with coupons and advertised sales I was able to basically get BOGO...definitely too good of a deal to pass up.


It's become quite the game for me....scouring the Internet for great coupons and waiting anxiously for the local grocery ads to be released for a fun little game of matching! Love it!

7 comments:

lindsey said...

I can't believe you purchased all of that for $17.55!! That's crazy awesome!!

Lindsey said...

Wow! You are my hero, well done!

CAC said...

so impressive!

Anonymous said...

It's a game for me to! I've got to start posting my finds as well.

Amanda said...

looks like another good trip! i have to wear contacts. :( i should go stock up on that solution!! i hope to be good at couponing someday....

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

Our journey has begun!… secretly though!

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites that I would LOVE to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester =) I’d love for you to stop by!

Exciting things going on around here!

www.definitelymaybebaby.com

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

In This Wonderful Life said...

I've never done this, but I've always wanted to! seems like great savings!