Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thrifty Tuesdays

With my adventures into the world of coupons, Register Rewards, & weekly sales, I've decided to chronicle my best deals each week. I'm certainly still learning the ways of a true couponer, but this week I had some major successes!

For the best deal of the week it was a toss-up between my trip to Dillons or my trip to Walgreens. Walgreens won out simply due to overall out of pocket expenses. However, Dillons still deserves a mention. They had Philadelphia Cream Cheese on sale for $0.88 when you bought 10. With the Dillon's plus card you automatically got $5 any 10 item purchase...I also had a $5 coupon off any 5 Kraft food items. Well...that comes out to 10 free packages of cream cheese with a little bit of money left over. I had to buy a few other things including a dog bone for Bogey that conveniently didn't get put in my sack. Ughhh...I hate it when that happens. If the gas wouldn't cost me just as much as the bone I would drive back to get it...oh well!

So, now on to the big, big savings of the week! At Walgreens I was able to purchase 4 cans of Swanson chicken broth, 2 cans of Edge Shaving Cream, 2 tubes of Crest Pro Health toothpaste, 2 sticks of Right Guard Deodorant and a package of Halls Refresh cough drops for....
!!$3.61!!
With a combination of coupons, Register Rewards, & the weekly Walgreens ad I was able to save over $24.00 and I still have $1.50 left in Register Rewards for next week!
Wow! I think I'll definitely keep up with my coupon clipping...it's bound to get even better as I get more practice!

6 comments:

Stephanie Hartman said...

Oh wow thats awesome I LOVE saving some mulla lol.

Anonymous said...

After I read your post the other day I started with CVS last night, I am hooked!

Amanda said...

that sounds like a good shopping trip. and that's a lot of cream cheese! haha!

Jennifer Coffer said...

Good for you! Now you are stocked up on cream cheese for all the holiday goodies you are going to make. I am definitely no expert at couponing, but I do enjoy saving money. Just wait until you have kids and try to find the best deals on diapers, etc. :)

Megan said...

LOVE IT!! I got the cheese cheese too! And just went to Wags last night, spent $5.99 saved $51.26 and have $3 RR left over!! I'm glad your enjoying it. :0)

Heather said...

What an awesome deal!! I need all the help I can get in this area and tips! I can't wait to hear more about how you get these deals!